Christopher M. Jones
President and Chief Executive Officer
Christopher M. Jones joined Westwater Resources as President and Chief Executive Officer in April 2013. Mr. Jones has more than 30 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility in senior management as CEO and in operational leadership roles in the mining and energy industries. He was most recently President and CEO of Wildcat Silver Corporation, where his team effectively doubled the size of the resource twice using proven metallurgical technologies. Prior to that, he was the Chief Operating Officer and the Mining General Manger at Albian Sands Energy, where he led the post start-up, stabilization, and optimization of the Muskeg River Mine in Alberta. Mr. Jones also held management positions at RAG Coal West Inc., Phelps Dodge Sierrita Corp. and Cyprus Amax Coal Company. He is a member of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers and is a Professional Engineer registered in Utah and Alberta. Mr. Jones received a Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering at the South Dakota School of Mines and an MBA from Colorado State University.
Jeffrey L. Vigil
Vice President – Chief Financial Officer
Jeffrey L. Vigil was appointed Vice President – Chief Financial Officer in June 2013. He is responsible for the Company’s financial and management reporting, tax planning and compliance, treasury and risk management functions, and financings. Mr. Vigil has more than 30 years of financial management experience in both production stage and development stage enterprises, including more than ten years in the uranium sector. Previously, he served in various financial positions, including as CFO at Energy Fuels. Mr. Vigil also has experience in M&A activities, including conducting financial, operational and legal due diligence for acquisitions. Prior to Energy Fuels, he served as CFO for Koala Corporation, which was a durable goods manufacturer publicly listed on NASDAQ. Mr. Vigil’s early uranium sector experience includes serving as a mill cost analyst and contract administrator for the White Mesa uranium processing facility. Mr. Vigil is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with a BS in Accounting and is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in the State of Colorado.
Dain A. McCoig
Vice President – Operations
Dain McCoig was named Vice President of the South Texas Operations in January 2013. He joined the Company in 2004 and advanced in various positions of increasing responsibility including Plant Engineer and Kingsville Dome Plant Superintendent. Mr. McCoig earned a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Colorado School of Mines and is certified as a Professional Engineer from the Texas Board of Professional Engineers.
Vice President – Technology
• Joined in 2015. Founder of SRK Ankara, with 30 years of Turkish mining and environmental experience taking projects from concept to production
• M.Sc. from University of Arizona, and B.S. Geological Engineering
Vice President – Sales & Marketing
• Joined in July 2020; More than 20 years of lithium-ion battery experience; including 18 years of sales/marketing/business development leadership roles for battery separator, cathode and lithium products and 3.5 years of technical sales for battery production equipment; experienced B2B professional in international business environment
• B.S. in Marketing from Georgia State University
Director – Government and Environmental Affairs
• Joined in June 2006; more than 14 years experience in health, safety and environmental management and governmental affairs
• B.S. Degree in Environmental Management
• Joined in 2012; more than 30 years of experience in law and licensing across nuclear fuel cycle
• B.S. in Nuclear Engineering from Purdue University and a J.D. from Catholic University, Columbus School of Law